Monday, April 19, 2010

Learning

Just want all of you to know that I am becoming quite the cook! I usually cook about 1 or 2 meals for Jordan and I per week. I have made my mistakes (like cooking the pizza dough when it was supposed to rise) but I have had mostly really good experiences. I just made my first pan of lasagna! And everyone really liked it. I never knew it was so much work! Jordan likes to joke around and rate my meals on appearance and taste. So far so good! Thanks to my mom for the skills she has given to me! I only hope to be like her someday! (in more than one way) :)


Another thing that I am learning is how to say no. I have a hard time saying no to people and that can be good and bad. I have A LOT on my plate right now. Between school, papers, tests, finals, studying, training for the half marathon (May 22nd), my job, keeping up with my family, roommates, boyfriend, church,
Special Olympics- I am doing 2 sports right now, volleyball (partnering-which I love and never played in high school but it is a lot of fun) and coaching track (head coach) Never thought it would be so much work, but it is what I love! Yesterday we did assessments/time trials, what an experience people running everywhere. So much chaos but we did everything that needed to be done and at the end of practice the area director pulled me aside and told me how great of a job I was doing and she was really excited for the season. Hearing that just made me feel really good because I know this is what I love and I love these people and they have such an impact on my life that I don't even realize it sometimes. But I know also I have an impact on theirs. It is hard for some people to understand why I put so much time into, so I encourage them to just volunteer or I bring people with me to practice or a game or a meet and then they understand. So if anyone wants to come help me or get involved let me know! It is a very eye opening life changing experience!
Yesterday I had an athlete tell me they loved me and gave me a huge hug :) How can that not make you smile?
This is what God wants me to do and I just ask for your prayers! I know with his help I will complete my junior semester and continue to work for him with his special people!

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Aimee, I am so proud of you and how you have grown in the last 3 years. Who would have know that you like to work in the kitchen and can do more than just clean the kitchen. I am praying for you to finish the school year strong and do the best you can in all the other things that are going on. Always remember that "The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God cannot sustain us." Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I can't wait to run our half marathon together! I am proud of what you do for special Olympics and your athletes and I rave about it to anyone that will listen! Don't worry, we all make cooking mistakes, ask ryan about the pie crust and the pecan bars! I love you millions and bajillions!

    Chinny Bears

    ReplyDelete