Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flood


The past week I have not had school due to the Red River Flooding. When I first heard school was canceled I was confused. I did not understand why they were canceling school. The Flood is not going to affect campus. But then I realized that they need all the help they can get, with filling bags with sand, and building dikes. I went to help build a dike. It consisted of standing and passing 35-40lb bags down the line. Once we got there, it hit me. These are people homes, their shelter is at risk. And its just a reality check. Within being there for an hour the water rose a foot. Just being there made everything so REAL. But it feels good to help out! So keep Fargo/Moorhead in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Aimee, I am so proud of you for going to help those in need. Keep Smiling. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete